1.suspicion 2.restored 3.considerate 4.inherited
5.furnish 6.justify 7.substantial 8.fantastic
1. My thanks also go to shoes who still stuck by me when I fell on dark days.
2. Now that he has published a popular novel which earns him a large amount of money, he is able to buy a new house and a car.
3. The police said that their suspicions were aroused because the girl had other marks on her body.
4. How can you talk to her like that? She is the one who brought you up and helped you finish school.
5. Hard as the road for these students after school will be, their prospects are bright.
6. In order to have enough money to run the business, he sold his newly-bought house at auction even at a substantial loss.
7. He is fully justified in criticizing the police commissioner for poorly supervising his department.
8. These ancient buildings which are protection have been restored beautifully to attract foreigners.
1.moderate 2.consume 3.typically 4.modified
5.evidence 6.restricted 7.calculate 8.remedy
1. Most people with low iron reserves don’t know they have an iron deficiency.
2. It is not sufficient only to check levels of the blood protein that transports oxygen.
3. Men are not safe, especially those who eat little meat and have a high level of physical activity.
4. It’s advisable for people in these groups to have a yearly blood test to check blood iron reserves.
5. Iron supplements may produce a feeling of wanting to throw up, and may be poisonous in some cases.
1. cultivate 2.comprehensive 3.controversial 4.suspend
5. strain 6.preliminary 7.conventional 8.reform
1. Our school operates on the principle that moral values and academic achievements are equally important.
2. The mew teaching program was suspended last term because the teachers in the department protested its demands and the strain associated with more intense work.
3. We see ourselves as preparing our students for a way of life by cultivating a comprehensive set of principles that can affect all of them.
4. The basis of the Character First idea is that every human being has a unique potential that is based on character, not intelligence or wealth.
5. We were warned by the teacher in the first lesson that students got a grade not only for academic achievement but also for attendance and best effort..
1. inspected 2.assembled 3.exaggerated 4.versions
5. universal 6.interpretation 7.solemn 8.inspired
1. His parents did not approve of his plan to go and study abroad with a girl they had never met, but he went ahead and got to New York with her.
2. It is said that the painter used his aunt as the model in the painting whose face represented suffering yet strength.
3. The real Ken did not like the three-dimensional Barbie dolls, which were described as having the appearance of ‘a woman who sold sex’.
4. The novelist instantly rose to fame in 1950 with the publication of Good-bye, My Dear, a novel inspired by his experience with a girl on his older brother’s farm.
5. After the war, a character called Uncle Sam began appearing in political cartoons, and soon became American’s most popular symbol.